Anyone can call or make a referral to RAW, if they are worried about someone or they are experiencing greater situational stressors.
You can also self refer to become a program participant.
If you are looking to self refer, it can be easier to call our team directly on 1800 RAW TAS (1800 729 827).
If we don’t answer, please leave a message, we may just be with another participant like yourself.
RAW's intake team assess each referral to ensure it meets the necessary criteria and is allocated to the correct program.
Key criteria includes but not limited to;
- 12 years (grade 7) and above
- Living in a rural and remote area
- A first time user of mental health and well-being support services
- Has limited support services available to them
- Would benefit from practical short-term interventions
- Non-crisis or non-clinical support needed
If the referral does not meet the criteria and is not accepted, RAW staff will contact the referrer to provide information on more suitable pathways and support options.